When I stumbled across The Make Lounge on Twitter I squealed with excitement! ‘Where have you been’ I thought, this is exactly what I’d been looking for. I couldn’t get myself signed up quick enough and decided to book on the teacup candle workshop.
When I arrived I entered a magical treasure trove of craft!!! My eyes didn’t know where to look and I wanted to put the shop in my pocket and take it home! I was greeted by some lovely staff and after choosing our teacup we sat down & were taken step by step through how to make our candle. Jennifer, who took the course, was awesome and very informative. We got to choose which essential oils we would like our candles to smell of, I chose geranium and lavender for their soothing and calming proprieties. The end result was fantastic, here it is.
The Make Lounge is a rare London gem which I would highly recommend for anyone looking for something fun and quirky to do : )
I have just returned from a fabulous camping trip which has left me super excited about the summer. Festivals, more camping, holidays and hen do’s! This is a lot for my precious Vivienne Westwood shoes to take (yes they go everywhere with me!). They need serious protection from my summer of fun so I made this delightful shoe bag to keep them safe : )
1. Cut 2 pieces of your chosen fabric. Big enough for your shoes. Mine where 16.5inches x 15inches
2. On each piece fold over the top by 1.5inches. Sew the bottom of the fold meaning it leaves a hole all the way through.
3. With good side facing sew the 2 pieces of material together. Do not sew the top hem as this is the opening of the bag.
4. For neatness cut the corners.
5. Turn the bag the right way and thread your chosen ribbon through the gap left from the folds at the top
6. Place your shoes in side, tie up and take them away on holiday
The boyfriend was busy down the allotment so I had a free afternoon to listen to my 1950’s Peppermint Candy album & get my groove on in the kitchen. Here’s what I came up with!
Lemon & poppyseed cupcakes
– 225g self raising flour
-175g golden caster sugar
-zest 2 lemons
– 1tbsp poppyseed
– 3 eggs
– 100g natural yoghurt
– 175g butter, melted
For the icing
– 225g butter
– 400g icing sugar
– juice 1 lemon
– yellow food colouring (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 180c. Mix the flour, sugar, lemon zest and poppyseeds. In a separate bowl beat the eggs into the yoghurt, then tip this into the dry mix and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated. Divide the mixture between your cupcake cases and bake for 20-25mins.
2. For the icing beat the butter then add the icing sugar, lemon juice & mix until smooth. Add food colouring if you want. Pipe onto your cooled cupcakes……eat and enjoy : )
Oh my gosh this is a very naughty chocolate mousse
– 150g marshmallows
– 50g butter
– 250g chocolate
– 60ml hot water
– 248 ml double cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water into a saucepan. Melt on a low heat.
2. Meanwhile whip the cream and vanilla extract until thick.
3. Once all the ingredients in the chocolate mix are melted leave to cool and then fold in the cream mix.
4. Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate until you are ready to eat them
P.S I do not want to see another marshmallow ever again……for some reason they kept finding their way into my mouth!
Over and out peeps