Sorry I’ve not posted for a while guys, it’s been a bit hectic for me over the past few months. Anyway onwards and upwards, its Christmas soon & my word am I excited!!! Most of my day is spent driving my boyfriend mad with ‘how many sleeps is it’ and can we watch Elf…again!
One of my Christmas traditions is making hampers for my friends & family. I absolutely love it!
Over the next week I’ll be posting some of the items I’m making. The first thing i’ve done is my Sweet Chilli Jam…..its got a serious kick & absolutely delicious with turkey sandwiches!
– 8 red peppers roughly chopped
– 10 red chillies roughly chopped
– 8 cloves of garlic
– finger size piece of ginger roughly chopped
– 25ml red wine vinegar
– 400g tin cherry tomatoes
– 750g golden caster sugar
1. Place the peppers, chillies, garlic and ginger into a food processor. Blitz, then tip into a large pan with the red wine vinegar, tomatoes & sugar. Bring to the boil & then simmer for 50mins stirring occasionally.
2. After 50mins turn the heat up slightly & stir frequently for 15mins. Leave to cool slightly & then transfer to sterilised jars.
3. Spread on your turkey sarnies or enjoy with cheese!
Merry Christmas you beautiful people : )