I’ve just returned feeling very refreshed from my holiday in Spain. I always find holidays are a great time to refocus. While sunning myself on the beach I realised my life back at home was way to cluttered! Before my holiday I was stressed, tired, cranky and anxious & I vowed not to go back as that person……and so my life declutter began.
One question I asked myself was:
Why do I find it so hard to say no? Why do I say yes/maybe to things when I really don’t want to do them?
I went through my diary for the past year & I was shocked to see how much of my time I spent with people and in situations I really didn’t like!
I decided to make 3 columns on a piece of paper and wrote down
1) all the things I HAVE to do e.g work, paying bills
2) all the things I LOVE to do e.g yoga, spending time with my family, baking
3) all the things that make me feel urgh : ( e.g watching crappy TV, spending money & time with people who drain me of energy, worrying about silly things.
Obviously the items in the urgh section are the things I’m going to get rid of and I’m going to focus on the things I LOVE column making sure I surround myself with people who make me smile & doing things I enjoy : )
Hurrah to the life declutter!!!
Lots of love
Here are 2 great tips for stress relief:
1) Wear lipstick everyday it will make you smile & feel confident
2) Take 10 deep breaths & 10 shoulder shrugs